Motor Vehicle Registration - resident moved from within NH
What do I do when I move from another NH city/town to Merrimack?
You have 30 days upon moving into Merrimack to notify the State Department of Motor Vehicles in writing of your new address. (NH RSA 263:9) A Record Change Request Form can be obtained at the Town Clerk’s Office or online at the State DMV website.
Record Change Request Link: http://www.nh.gov/safety/divisions/dmv/forms/documents/dsmv30.pdf
What do I need to do to renew my vehicle registration in Merrimack?
Registration Renewals: At time of renewal, it is required that you bring in your current registration, proof of identification (driver’s license) and two (2) proofs of residency.
Residency as defined: "A resident is a person who maintains his or her true, fixed and permanent residence within the Town of Merrimack, NH. Does not claim a residency in any other Town or State for any purpose, and who has, through all actions, demonstrated a current intent to designate that the permanent residence is his or her principal place of physical presence for the indefinite future to the exclusion of all others".
Acceptable proofs of residency are:
* notarizied letter from property owner or property manager
* lease or rental agreement, duly signed and dated
* NH motor vehicle insurance policy
* Elderly,Veterans, or Disabled exemption showing on property
* Utility bill listing address as "service address" (cable, electric,
oil, sewer, gas) NO CELL PHONE BILLS
* Direct verification by parent or guardian at address provided
* Copy of Federal Income Tax Return
* Current Bank statement MAILED to location
* Payroll check
How do I register a new vehicle?
New Purchase: Please refer to the New Purchase section under Vehicle Registrations.
State of NH - DMV website:http://www.nh.gov/safety/divisions/dmv/
- Boat Registrations
- Civil Unions
- Dog Licenses
- Dredge and Fill Permits
- Elections & Voting
- Fund Solicitation Permits
- Marriage Licenses
- Motor Vehicle - Registration Renewals
- Motor Vehicle Registration - New Purchase
- Motor Vehicle Registration - resident moved from within NH
- Motor Vehicle Registrations - Resident New to NH
- Property Taxes
- Transfer Station Permits
- Vital Records