Motor Vehicle Registration - resident moved from within NH

-A A +A

1/26/17 - *** IMPORTANT INFO regarding the DMV**** Please click on the link at the bottom of the page for imporant information regarding disruption in service for DMV transactions.


What do I do when I move from another NH city/town to Merrimack?

You have 30 days upon moving into Merrimack to notify the State Department of Motor Vehicles in writing of your new address. (NH RSA 263:9) A Record Change Request Form can be obtained at the Town Clerk’s Office or online at the State DMV website.

Record Change Request Link:

What do I need to do to renew my vehicle registration in Merrimack?

Registration Renewals: At time of renewal, it is required that you bring in proof of identification (driver’s license) and two (2) proofs of residency, such as a current utility bill showing service to your Merrimack location, closing statement on a purchased home, lease agreement, notarized statement from a person you are living with or a payroll check. You will also need to bring your current registration.

How do I register a new vehicle?

New Purchase: Please refer to the New Purchase section under Vehicle Registrations. 


State of NH - DMV website:

170126_dmv_sofware_upgrade_notice.pdf150.69 KB