$2.875 Million Dollar Compost Facility Upgrade Completed!
The compost facility was constructed in 1994 and is now 21 years old. Merrimack has successfully composted since 1982.
An extensive analysis was completed that looked at various disposal and utilization options for wastewater sludge. Continued Town operated composting is the least expensive alternative.
The equipment used to operate and produce a high quality compost has reached the end of its useful life. This project will replace and improve the following:
- Replace 3 compost mixers with 2 larger mixers
- Building improvements to include a new roof and suppports, new nuts and bolts on the main beams. The atmosphere is highly corrosive.
- Replace computer control system (SCADA)
- Electrical upgrades
The project is complete!
- $2.875 Million Dollar Compost Facility Upgrade Completed!
- $4.2 Million Dollar Phase II Merrimack Wastewater Treatment Facility Upgrade is complete!
- 40 Years of Successful Composting!
- Biosolids Policy
- Compost Information Brochure
- Compost Rates, Compost Application & Label
- Cross Country Sewer Easement Recovery
- Directions to WWTF and Tour Hours
- Fats, Oil & Grease
- Pharmaceutical Waste Disposal
- Phase II and Compost Facility Upgrade Projects
- Sewer Connection Requirements
- Sewer Master Plan - April 2013
- What NOT to put down the drain (or flush)!