Building Inspections - What kind of Inspection are required?
REVISED INSPECTION REQUIREMENTS
Inspections - Requires a minimum of 24 to 48 hour prior notice before inspection is scheduled
- All Work scheduled to be inspected must be complete, fully accessible and ready for inspection -
Scheduled Times between
9:00 AM - 12:00 PM and 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM - Monday Thru Friday
OFFICE HOURS - 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM Monday Thru Friday
See the links below for the type of construction project.
Some large commercial construction projects may require Third Party inspection services and a pre-arranged inspection schedule
- Residential Code Compliance Inspections
- Final Inspection Check Off
- Department Signature and C.O. Check List Requirements
In some instances a timely on site inspection during the work week may not be available for small residential construction projects only
Virtual inspections maybe performed via an on-site cell phone/ face-time call or video/chat with the inspector, followed up with verification with corresponding photos submitted via e-mail of the work virtually inspected.
"Virtual Inspections" must be pre-approved and only under the discretion of this office and limited to these situations.
Virtual inspections maybe accepted "Only" for the following:
- Pier footings for decks, porches, sheds and non-heated additions.
- Exposed underground trenches for placement of sewer, septic pipe and or electrical conduit.
- Insulation – finished basements and minor renovations to existing dwellings.
Each portion of a building and structure will be inspected for minimum standard compliance under the current adopted Building, Plumbing, Mechanical and NFPA - National Electrical Codes.
- Virtual Inspections