Building Inspections - What kind of Inspection are required?
Inspections - Require 24 to 48 hour notice -
Scheduled Times between
9:00 AM - 12:00 PM and 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM - Monday Thru Friday
OFFICE HOURS - 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM Tuesday and Thursday
See the links below for the type of construction project.
Some large commercial construction projects may require Third Party inspectional services and a pre-arranged inspection schedule
- Residential Code Compliance Inspections
- Final Inspection Check Off
- Department Signature and C.O. Check List Requirements
In some instances a timely on site inspection may not be available for some residential construction projects, namely after hours and weekends. The town has accepted a "Virtual Inspection" method for these moments.
Virtual inspections, photos and videos of the work are permitted for the following:
- Pier footings for decks, porches, sheds and non-heated additions (3 season or screen porch).
- Exposed underground trenches for placement of sewer, septic pipe and or electrical conduit.
- Light structural frame for decks, porches, sheds, etc., and accessory structures.
- Insulation – finished basements, and minor renovations to existing dwellings.
Each portion of a building and structure will be inspected for minimum standard compliance under the current adopted Building, Plumbing, Mechanical and NFPA - National Electrical Codes.