Residents: It is that time of year in which the Door to Door Vendors are coming around. Per Merrimack Town Ordinance 180-1, Vendors and Solicitors require permits. The Merrimack Police department issues the following tips regarding Door-to-Door Vendors:
- Door to Door Vendors are to have a license issued by the town and you can ask if they are properly licensed. Town Ordinance chapter 180.
- Door to Door Vendors are NOT to be canvassing between the hours of Dusk and 9:00 am..
- Do not give personal info such as: DOB, Social Security #,License #, Credit Card #... to Vendors.
- Do not leave vendors unattended within your home.
- Vendors are not to enter your home, garages or backyards without permission. All should be using the front door.
- If you have a problem with a vendor, calmly order them off of your property and contact the police department.
- If you see any persons acting suspiciously, make note of their description: clothing, physical make up, motor vehicle, license plate number, color and model.
- Report any suspicious activity, immediately to the Merrimack Police department.