Visit the Commission's merrimackoutdoors.org website
The Merrimack Conservation Commission (MCC) was established per the Town Charter in accordance with State Law, RSA 36-A. It is responsible for the proper utilization and protection of the natural and watershed resources in Town – our streams, rivers, forests, wetlands, wildlife habitats, open space and our drinking water resources.
The MCC reviews all projects that are to be located in the Aquifer Conservation District and the Wellhead Protection Areas. The MCC also reviews Dredge & Fill permits for the NH Department of Environmental Services (NHDES). The results of our review are submitted to the Planning Board and/or the NHDES for their consideration and action.
In addition, the Commission conducts workshops, seminars, manages land owned by the Town and has various Sub-Committees to support its work and properties.
More information about the properties the Commission manages can be found at its website: www.merrimackoutdoors.org
The Commission’s Goals include:
1. To establish land management plans for Town owned land.
2. Increase land acquisition for the protection of open space and natural resources.
3. Inventory primary wetlands.
4. Create buffer zones for protection of wetlands.
5. Increase community education and outreach programs.
6. Continue to protect and support agriculture in our Community.
The MCC usually meets on the 1st and 3rd Monday of each month, at 6:30 p.m. in the Merrimack Memorial Conference Room. The Commission often has a revised meeting schedule during the summer months.
The public is encouraged to attend these meetings. Anyone wishing to present an appropriate matter before the MCC should submit the information in writing to the Conservation Commission 11 days in advance of the next scheduled meeting in order to be placed on the agenda. Submission should be done through the Staff at the Community Development Department office. Contact information is below.
Meetings are aired on Merrimack Cable T.V. Channel 20 and can be viewed online at: http://merrimacktv.com/online-video/conservation/
MCC MEMBERSHIP VACANCIES:
Full: Term Expires 6/30/2019
Full: Term Expires 6/30/2018
Alternate: Term Expires 6/30/2019
Monday- Friday 8:00 AM-4:30 PM
News & Notices
- Deliberative Session (First Session of the Annual Meeting of the Town of Merrimack) - Wednesday, March 15 at 7:00 PM in the JMUES All-purpose Room
- MERRIMACK PLANNING BOARD MEETING POSTPONEMENT NOTICE FOR TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 7, 2017
- FILING PERIOD FOR TOWN OFFICES TO BE ELECTED AT TOWN MEETING APRIL 11, 2017 (WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 22, 2017 THRU FRIDAY, MARCH 3, 2017 AT 5:00 P.M.)
- **State of New Hampshire Motor Vehicle program will NOT be available for Registration or related transactions from FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 17, 2017 through TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 21, 2017**
- 2017-2018 Proposed Operating Budget
February 13, 2017 Conservation Commission Agenda
February 13, 2017 - 6:30pm
January 23, 2017 Conservation Commission Agenda
January 23, 2017 - 6:30pm
January 17, 2017 Grater Woods Subcommittee Agenda
January 17, 2017 - 6:30pm
January 16, 2017 Horse Hill Subcommittee Agenda
January 16, 2017 - 7:00pm
January 9, 2017 Conservation Commission Agenda
January 9, 2017 - 6:30pm
January 9, 2017 Conservation Commission Minutes (DRAFT)
January 9, 2017
December 19, 2016 Conservation Commission Minutes
December 19, 2016
December 5, 2016 Conservation Commission Minutes
December 5, 2016
November 28, 2016 Horse Hill Subcommittee Minutes (DRAFT)
November 28, 2016
November 21, 2016 Conservation Commission Minutes
November 21, 2016