The Town Council meets on the second and fourth Thursdays of each month with the exception of meeting once a month in July & August and on the first and third Thursdays in November & December. The meeting schedule is as follows:
- **CANCELLED** Thursday, February 23, 2017 - Regular meeting has been cancelled
- Thursday, March 9, 2017, 7:00 PM - Regular meeting
- Wednesday, March 15, 2017, 7:00 PM - Deliberative Session (Annual Meeting 1 of 2) to be held at the James Masticola Upper Elementary School in the All-purpose Room
- Thursday, March 23, 2017, 7:00 PM - Regular meeting
Additional Important Information:
2017-18 Town Meeting & Budget Schedule
The Town Council is the governing board for the Town of Merrimack. It is made up of seven members who are elected from the Town at large for three (3) year staggered terms. All members take office following certification of their election and after being duly sworn in, and hold office until successors are duly elected and certified.
The Town Charter states that the Council shall have all the powers conferred upon and discharge all the duties imposed upon town councils, town meetings, boards of mayor and aldermen, and selectmen of towns by law except the adoption of a Town Budget. The Town Council shall set policies for Town government and shall bear full responsibility for the implementation of said policies through the hiring and supervision of the Town Manager.
All officers and members of all boards, commissions and committees, and vacancies thereto are appointed by the Council from among Town residents unless otherwise stated in the Town Charter.
As required by the Town Charter, the Council shall establish rules for its proceedings including but not limited to recording of votes, posting and amending of agendas, and such parliamentary and other meeting procedures not inconsistent with the Charter. Click link in download box to view Council's Rules of Procedure.
If you would like to submit a request for an item to be placed on an upcoming agenda for the Town Council's consideration, please fill out a Town Council Agenda Request Form and submit it to the Town Manager's office located in the East Wing of the Town Hall at 6 Baboosic Lake Road in Merrimack.
|Please click here for Merrimack Town Council contact information.|
|Nancy Harrington||Chairman (Term Expires 4/2018)|
|Finlay Rothhaus||Vice Chair (Term Expires 4/2017)|
|Dan Dwyer||Councilor (Term Expires 4/2019)|
|Thomas Koenig||Councilor (Term Expires 4/2018)|
|William W. Boyd, III||Councilor (Term Expires 4/2017)|
|Jackie Flood||Councilor (Term Expires 4/2019)|
|Thomas J Mahon||Councilor (Term Expires 4/2017)|
News & Notices
- Deliberative Session (First Session of the Annual Meeting of the Town of Merrimack) - Wednesday, March 15 at 7:00 PM in the JMUES All-purpose Room
- MERRIMACK PLANNING BOARD MEETING POSTPONEMENT NOTICE FOR TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 7, 2017
- FILING PERIOD FOR TOWN OFFICES TO BE ELECTED AT TOWN MEETING APRIL 11, 2017 (WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 22, 2017 THRU FRIDAY, MARCH 3, 2017 AT 5:00 P.M.)
- **State of New Hampshire Motor Vehicle program will NOT be available for Registration or related transactions from FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 17, 2017 through TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 21, 2017**
- 2017-2018 Proposed Operating Budget
Town Council Special Meeting Agenda
February 16, 2017 - 7:00pm
Amended Town Council Special Meeting Agenda
February 16, 2017 - 7:00pm
Amended II Town Council Meeting
February 14, 2017 - 7:00pm
Amended II Town Council Non-meeting
February 14, 2017 - 6:30pm
Amended Town Council Agenda
February 13, 2017 - 7:00pm