The purpose of the Highway Safety Committee shall be to have a highway safety program defined to reduce traffic accidents and deaths and injuries and property damage resulting there from.
The composition, terms of office, vacancies, functions and duties of the Highway Safety Committee shall be as provided by RSA 239-B, and amendments, and the National Highway Safety Act of 1966.
Appointment / Term of Office
Twelve (12) members
Membership shall include:
• Deputy Police Chief (or designee)
• Fire Chief (or designee)
• Department of Public Works Director (or designee)
• Community Development Director (or designee)
• School District Representative (appointed by the Superintendent of Schools with no fixed term)
• Town Council Representative (appointed annually)
• 5 General members of the Public
The General members are to serve a 3-year staggered
term (July 1st to June 30th). The terms are to be
staggered so that in one year no more than 2 members
are recommended and approved. In the case of a
vacancy, this rule shall be relaxed but the new member
will be recommended and approved to fill out the
remainder of the unexpired term.
General members shall be residents of the Town of
General members are recommended by the Chairman
and approved by a majority of the non General members
of the Committee.
There are no alternates for the General members.
|Chief Mark E. Doyle||Chairman|
|Dawn Tuomala||Full Member|
|Michael Currier||Full Member|
|Tim Thompson, AICP||Full Member|
|Fran L'Heureux||Full Member (06/30/16)|
|Bob L'Heureux||Full Member (06/30/17)|
|William Godfrey||Full Member (06/30/16)|
|Finlay Rothhaus||T.C. Rep|
|Glenn Wallace||Full Member (06/30/14)|
|Paul Konieczka||Full Member (06/30/14)|
|Tom Touseau||Full Member|
News & Notices
- Deliberative Session (First Session of the Annual Meeting of the Town of Merrimack) - Wednesday, March 15 at 7:00 PM in the JMUES All-purpose Room
- MERRIMACK PLANNING BOARD MEETING POSTPONEMENT NOTICE FOR TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 7, 2017
- FILING PERIOD FOR TOWN OFFICES TO BE ELECTED AT TOWN MEETING APRIL 11, 2017 (WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 22, 2017 THRU FRIDAY, MARCH 3, 2017 AT 5:00 P.M.)
- **State of New Hampshire Motor Vehicle program will NOT be available for Registration or related transactions from FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 17, 2017 through TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 21, 2017**
- 2017-2018 Proposed Operating Budget