Welcome to the Assessing Department
The primary function of the Assessing Department is to ensure that all properties within the Town of Merrimack are assessed fairly and equitably in accordance with the New Hampshire State Statutes governing taxation.
Tax Rate $22.79 (2016) Equalized Ratio 94.4% (2015)
The Town of Merrimack conducted a town wide revaluation update for 2016. Property record cards can be viewed here Assessing Database. Please review your Property Record Card and contact the Assessing department to report any errors. We will schedule an inspection of the property to verify and correct the error.
The Assessing Department provides information and assistance to the general public. Although this website enhances our ability to serve the needs of the public, it does not in any way replace the personal service we provide on a daily basis at our office. Should you have any questions please do not hesitate to call (424-5136), email or stop by the Assessor's Office between 8:30 am and 4:30 pm Monday through Friday.
Please visit the Frequently Asked Questions page for more information on the reval.
8:30 AM - 4:30 PM: Monday - Friday
Frequently Asked Questions
- A. The Town of Merrimack is undergoing a valuation update for 2016. Can you explain this a little bit?
- J. Last time the Town updated values the Assessors just did a drive by assessment. Do they need to look inside my home to properly assess it?
- G. How will taxpayers know if their assessment is equitable? And what can a taxpayer do if they feel their value is inaccurate?
- B. Will this process increase taxes?
- D. What is market value and who determines my property assessment?