Merrimack…Local Spirit, Global Impact
A Great Quality of Life
Merrimack named #23 in Money Magazine's "100 Best Places to Live" (August 2013)
Merrimack is a great community in which to live and to do business.
- The 2008 Census estimate for Merrimack was 26,457 residents, which ranked eighth among New Hampshire's incorporated cities and towns.
- Merrimack's and New Hampshire's crime rate are far below the national average.
- New Hampshire has the nation's lowest murder rate, and second lowest aggravated assault and burglary rates.
- The Median household income for New Hampshire 2006 was $59,683.
- Nine colleges and universities within a 10 mile radius of the Town Center, enrolling a total of over 25,000 students each year. Close by is Southern New Hampshire University, a major degree granting institution in the field of business management, two community colleges, and a branch of UNH, the state's flagship public university. In addition, 30 minutes south is UMass-Lowell, a growing resource for engineering, life sciences, and tech-related higher education.
- Parks with lakes for picnicing, kayaking, canoeing and fishing. Historical sites and plenty of open spaces for your favorite activities.
- Easy access to Boston, mountains, the sea coast, professional sports venues, cultural events, and other entertainment activities.
- A wide breadth of opportunities for those who enjoy community involvement, with volunteer groups focused on everything from sports teams to Town heritage to charitable organizations.
Merrimack Quick Facts (Updated April 24, 2015)
For information on many of Merrimack's dining and lodging choices, please visit the Merrimack Chamber of Commerce website.
6 Baboosic Lake Road
East Wing of Town Hall - Lower LevelMerrimack, NH 03054