View Contact Info
Hours of Operation
Tuesday - Saturday: 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Summer hours begin April 9, 2020 - Open until 7:00 PM Thursday Evenings
How to Reach Us
2020 Hazerardous Household Waste Collection
schedule is now available
Click on link to the right to view
Click HERE to read the lastest article in "Talking Trash". Mike Nork of the NH DES explains why recycling can be so confusing.
Hours of Operation
Sunday - Closed
Monday - Closed
Tuesday - 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Wednesday - 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Thursday - 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
(8:00 AM - 7:00 PM April 8 through September 30 - Thursdays only)
Friday - 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Saturday - 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Please see the link below for tips on composting to remove as many compostable items from the waste stream as possible. This creates organic material to use on lawns and gardens while reducing the cost of waste disposal.
drivers license or ID
utility bill/tax bill
Check out our Trash Talk link by clicking here or clicking the heading under the "Links" section to the left.
Overview of Transfer Station and Recycling Facility
This is a brief overview of how residents will be disposing of their trash. We would like to emphasize if you are uncertain of the location to drop off an item or have any questions at all, please ask the staff. We will gladly advise you in the proper method of disposal. As always, thank you for your cooperation and support.
New Transfer Station Decals
Decals will be replaced every year in January to have increased control on who accesses the transfer station. Stickers may also be obtained from Town Hall at the Town Clerk/Tax Collector’s office and the Public Works Administration office.
Note: residents will be required to show proof of residency in order to receive a new sticker and all stickers must be placed on the driver’s side windshield, lower left hand corner.
The new transfer station layout requires a one-way traffic pattern to safely and quickly move residents through the facility. All residents will enter on Fearon Rd. Residents that wish to recycle will bear left at the fork and continue into the recycling facility to drop-off their items, exit the building, and bear left again to the other drop-off areas. If you do not wish to recycle, you will proceed on Fearon Rd. and turn left to continue to the other drop-off areas.
All residents must pay the appropriate fees for the item(s) they wish to dispose of. A receipt will be issued as a proof of payment. Under NO circumstances should ANY items associated with a fee be placed in the Swap Shop. Regardless of condition, all items MUST be paid for and placed in their designated areas.
ELECTRONICS - $15.00 Per Piece
- Television (all sizes)
- Computer Monitors (all sizes)
- Computer Towers
- Video Game Consoles
- Miscellaneous Circuit Boards and Mother Boards
- DVD Players
- CD Players
FREON BEARING APPLIANCES - $15.00 Per Piece
- Refrigerators (all sizes)
- Freezers (all sizes)
- Air Conditioners
PROPANE TANKS - $5.00 Per Tank
- 20-30lb Tanks
- 1lb Tanks are FREE
TIRES (With or without rims are accepted at the same price per tire)
- Passenger Tires - $5.00 Per Tire
- Truck Tires - $10.00 Per Tire
- OHRV Tires - $15.00 Per Tire
- Commercial material is charged at $122.00 per ton ( $0.061 per pound). ALL COMMERCIAL MATERIAL MUST COME FROM THE GEOGRAPHIC LIMITS OF THE TOWN OF MERRIMACK.
- Commercial Recycling is charged at $125.00 per ton ($0.0625 per poumd). All COMMERCIAL RECYCLABLE MATERIAL MUST COME FROM THE GEOGRAPHIC LIMITS OF THE TOWN OF MERRIMACK.
- Residential material that DOES NOT exceed 1000lbs is free of charge. Any questionable loads are subject to be weighed.
- All residential loads that exceed the 1000lb limit must be paid for. The fee will be charged for the sum of the entire load that was dumped. The tipping fee is $122.00 per ton ($0.061 per pound).